Thursday, April 12, 2018

Caroline's Comets: A True Story



McCully, E. (2018). Caroline's comets: A true story. New York. Holiday House
Ages 4-8. Nonfiction. ISBN:9780823436644

Caroline's comets is the true story of how Caroline became the first women astronomer. Caroline became interested in the stars when she moved to England with her brother to become a singer. Caroline and her brother William became very interested in the stars and later built the most powerful telescope in their time. This was a starting point to Caroline becoming one of the first famous women astronomers.

When I first saw this book I thought it would be very boring but when I got through it I was actually very intrigued. I would definitely recommend this book to schools because of its sense of empowerment and its historical background. We get to see the history of early astronomy, and also what it was like in Europe in that time period. Because of these factors, I would recommend this book for schools.

Reviewed by Elaina Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment