Wednesday, March 21, 2018

King Louie's Shoes

Steinberg, D (2017). King Louie's Shoes.Beach Lane Books. 40 pages, Ages 3-8
Children's Fiction ISBN: 978-1-4814-2657-2

This book is about King Louie the 14th. We learn about how King Louie was a very short man, always trying to become taller. King Louie does the most ridiculous things to become taller such as wearing a tall wig and wearing tall shoes. All of these plans turn out not to work when King Louie learns a lesson on what really matters to his people.

At first sight, I knew this book would be really funny. My first impression was true, this book has good humor that will definitely make students laugh. I would definitely recommend this book for the classroom because of its upbeat storyline and its historical background. I’m not too sure about King Louie Making wigs or wearing high shoes, but I am sure that the historical description of France is accurate. It also includes fun facts in the back that will teach even more historical background. I would suggest this to lower levels such as 3rd grade and lower.

Reviewed By Elaina Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment